Sunday 5 August 2018

Why is nothing easy?

I started pulling the furler drum unit apart and discovered that it was going to need some very long circlip pliers to get the job done. Shopping around all the normal tool supply companies we use and nobody had anything suitable - always "almost but not quite". So I have had to order in a special funky set care of Amazon....and he waits again.

On the positive side, I have reinstalled the injectors in the engine and with the help of my dad we today got everything adjusted and she is up and purring. Setting the injectors up actually requires a special tool which of course is totally not available, so we had to reverse engineer the process, and realised that the last time we did it we got it a bit wrong such that the injection would have been a bit off. Having done it right this time the engine is noticeably more "on song".

And I have started more woodwork, this time in the Lower Salon. The Lower Salon does not need much work, just some liner boards, but you know how it goes on boats, "That will be a quick and easy job....hold my beer...".

No comments:

Post a Comment