Sunday 3 September 2017

...and one more on to the list.

I opened up the port side bulkhead in the master stateroom today to take a look at what I will need to do to rebuild the storage locker etc. I realised it was a part of the boat I had not actually stuck my head into before, so a quick plea to the gods of boating that I find nothing nasty.

Prayers answered, it's immaculate. However, as I suspected, the new main engine exhaust sits a lot lower than the original, and that is why they had to remove the locker and supporting timbers.

The exhaust sits well below the top of where the locker should be.

Looking aft.

Looking forward. Found an unused/spare AC power cable coiled up behind.
Looks like I will have to trash the existing bulkhead and start from scratch, and move the locker location(s) to fit. The fun never ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment