Sunday 16 October 2016

Sigh...

Overall, Kamalii is an extraordinarily well designed and built boat. But on every boat you get those odd things where you wonder "What were they thinking?".

I had to remove the burgee line tie-off (I'm sure it has a proper name, no idea what it might be) as we continue to strip the starboard bulwark (yes - we actually had a more or less fine day!) and then I noticed something. They clearly fitted it before they rigged the boat.


I had to disconnect the starboard shroud and then remove the turnbuckle so I could get a screwdriver in, having to actually poke it through the chainplate attachment point. With it in place there was simply no way, even with a right-angle screwdriver.

A lot of work to undo two screws.

In other news, I have started fitting the trim battens and edging that Simon and I made up, it's all looking great. Of course, theres a lot of varnishing to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment