Monday 18 August 2014

Some Progress...

We have just about finished re-caulking the aft cabin top, and are now doing the cockpit. Once that is done we'll either re-caulk the forward cabin top (and install the chocks for the tender), or finish the varnish in the cockpit; I'll wait and see what type of gunk I feel more like being covered in. A big thanks to my Dad, who continues to help with the hard jobs.

The boat awning is back up. I took it in for some repairs after the last big blow when it got a couple of tears in it. I told them to "fix the tears, clean up the work leather, and generally do what needs to be done to make it good."  I should have known better than to give "general" instructions. They ended up completely restitching the entire thing! It'll be good for another 20 years, but "bill-shock" is an understatement...


I've switched to Simson caulking, much
easier to work than Sikaflex.

Going through lots of tape...
Lazarette hatches.
Cutting out the old caulking is the real work.




The circus is back in town.
Isi does her part. Did a good job too - unlucky
for her, as she is now officially "Ship's Polisher".

No comments:

Post a Comment