Monday 22 August 2016

Cover me!

I hate winter. My blog becomes very boring.

This weekend we...worked on the sail cover. What a surprise. The good news is we did a test fit and it seems we actually got it all correct. Wow. I fitted all the snaps along the length of it, so now we just need to fit the zip etc at the front end, stich in the vinyl protection fabric around the mast section, and finish the tail. With a little (lot) of luck we will have it done next weekend.

Putting the mainsail back on so we can test fit the cover. Yes, it's as big a mission as it looks.

In the mean time I am repainting all the headliners from the master cabin that I made last season, as I was not happy with the paint finish. We also installed a brand new washing machine since our last one self-destructed in spectacular fashion at 1400rpm. Had a major "uh-oh" moment when it looked like it would not fit through the engine room door, but we made it with 5mm to spare.

Just. Want. Summer.

(Better crack on and finish those bulwarks though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment