Saturday 16 April 2016

Josh Doheny

Very sad to learn that Josh Doheny passed away in February. Josh welcomed us into her home in Hawaii when we passed through and was such a delight, telling us stories about Kamalii and Larry, and so thrilled that Kamalii had been brought back to life again. Despite age and health starting to take their toll Josh was full of the joy of life and made me realise that by "adopting" Kamalii I had become part of a much larger story.

Josh told me about a trip to New Zealand back in the day, and how excited she was that Kamalii was going back there again. The other month I had taken my daughter to the doctor, and while we were there one of the senior doctors came into the room exclaiming "You own that boat!". Turns out he remembers the day Kamalii first sailed into Auckland back in the '70's, he said "She was the first real super-yacht we had ever seen!". No doubt Josh was on board. Small world.

Josh Doheny

No comments:

Post a Comment