Sunday 26 April 2015

Blocks

Now there is no chance of us going anywhere for a while, I've started on a few of those small jobs that I have put off because they might interfere with actually sailing. First up, varnishing all the blocks in the running rigging.

Starting to strip back the blocks for varnishing.

On the engine front, I today reassembled the oil cooler. The injection pump, however, is headed to the USA (not far, in fact, from Kamalii's old home) for a rebuild. The fact is I'm not 100% certain the pump is the issue, but I'm 90% certain, and the only other thing it could be I can't test without the pump back in action, so I'm just getting it done. If nothing else the engine is going to be running like a dream after all this.

And lastly, today we moved Isi and Sarah out of their cabin so we can start stripping it out for painting. I've already done a lot of filling and prep work, so hopefully we will have it all done fairly quickly,

No comments:

Post a Comment