Tuesday 11 November 2014

Go-Fast Upgrade

It came to my attention a while ago that the fuel lines in the engine room (apart from the much newer genset lines) were for the most part, not to put too fine a point on it, pretty well f***ed. I pulled one off the other week and bent it, and the outer casing just cracked and broke apart. Hmmm, not good.

So the last two nights I have busily replaced the entire supply side fuel lines, including all the manifolds. Now all I have to do is bleed the thing and make sure it's all good. Unfortunately I also have the starting battery bank alternator off the engine being serviced and a few other things, so it's going to be a mad dash this Friday evening to get everything back together and working again so we can head out sailing on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Replacing the old black hose with new RED hose should make the boat go much faster!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment