Monday 10 March 2014

Mystery Solved

So when we were in California pouring over all the "bits" that came with Kamalii, I found myself pondering a couple of very large metallic rods with screw ends, that looked a lot like gigantic engine cooler anodes, but which were way too big and did not seem to be made of zinc. They were filed in the "No idea, but I had better keep hold of them" bin.

Cut to last week, when going through my file of documentation I stumbled upon the installation manual for the hot water cylinder, and discover it is fitted with a magnesium anode, which should be checked every year. I figure it had probably only been about 15 years since it was last checked...

Bingo. Looks to me like it was on it's last legs....

Old (left), and new (right),

No comments:

Post a Comment